Are you ready to get a booth or shop in a local store? In this episode, I'll cover a lot of topics and suggestions for you to ask yourself or to consider before you get started in your booth life journey.
· Visit as many local shops as possible.
· Visit at different times—are they usually busy?
· How far away are they?
· How often can you go “fluff your booth”?
· Think about drop off and pick up of your items.
· What are their hours? 10–5?
· Is anyone else selling or having the same product as you?
· What has the best vibe for what you are creating
· Every square inch is producing profit. Walls, floor, ceiling
· Are you wanting a gallery or a retail store or a combination of both?
· How much space do you need?
· Are the isles tight?
· Plan for growth
· Move from just getting into being in the prime location
· When are work nights?
· What booth types are around you?
· Are all the areas of the store the same feel?
· What’s the target audience?
· Do they want a delivery?
· Do they want Layaway?
· Are there shopping with carts?
· How does booth contract affect your pricing?
· Contract things to consider
o Sales software
· Get to know the managers, the movers, the staff, etc.
· What’s their social media following?
· Do they have a website?
· Do they do any advertising—Billboards, social media, will they feature your booth or work?
· Do they have promotional sales events, are some mandatory?Support the show